The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Saturday, December 11, 2004

Who is Lifewriting For?

For Writers and readers.  For anyone who wants to take control of her life.  For anyone tired of exerting all her effort, all her heart, and getting no where.  For anyone with the courage to speak the truth about her existence.  Lifewriting was developed for writers, but I've taught thousands of "regular" people who have no interest in ever publishing a thing.  Applying it to your journal writing can be one of the healthiest things you can ever do.  And all you need is
1) A daily writing or journaling practise
2) A career goal
3) A relationship (with yourself, God, or a Significant Other) you are prepared to commit to, and
4) A physical discipline.
5) At least Five minutes a day
##
Give me those things, and I'll give you your life.    How do you get started?
1) Create WRITTEN goals in the three major areas of life: relationship, career, physical fitness.
2) Five times a day, at every hour divisible by "3" (9,12,3,6,9), center your breathing for 60 seconds and visualize or think about your goals.  If it is safe, close your eyes and visualize a triangle.
3) Commit that come hell or high water you will move 1% closer to your goal every week.
4) Journal your results daily.  Tell the truth.

That's it.  I can't wait to hear about your results.  Get working!

1 comment:

kamagra said...

This is interesting because I've gotten excellent ideas from here, I was looking for other kind of information so when I realize about it I was astonished, thanks so much.