1) We don't find happiness by doing external things. We find happiness and love within ourselves, and learn to express it in our actions and life.
2) Once we've made connection with our hearts, we need goals that express our values and beliefs. The reward for pursuing them is the person we become along the way.
3) The best self-improvement book I've ever read is "Think And Grow Rich." The point is to have well defined goals expressed in continuous action. The "do-ing" of our lives is the external action. The human "be-ing" of our lives is to root ourselves in love and grace.
4) Once we are rooted and directed, we can spend our lives in the flow of action, engaging totally with the moment.
5) Goals should be balanced between career/educational, family, spiritual/
6) Take time for stillness every day. Dwell in the center of the cyclone. In the midst of the storm, find shelter in the depths of your heart.
7) Laugh often. We're really pretty silly!
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost
Monday, June 14, 2010
Posted by Steven Barnes at 9:03 AM