The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Weight loss progress

Well, THAT was frustrating.  I actually went down 1.5 pounds by last Friday.  I worked out with a student on Saturday morning, helped friends move, and then did a kettlebell workout yesterday.  Ate very well, and judging by the mirror, was noticably leaner...but my weight was the same! My pants fit looser, as well.  Ah well--I was trading muscle for fat, no doubt, and muslce weighs more cubic inch for cubic inch.  But still, the goal is weight loss, and if I don't get it, I have to be honest about it--I don't have a really reliable fat loss measure right now.  Arrgh.  but an important lesson--if fat loss is your only measure, it can seem as if nothing is happening. 
##
Daughter Nicki is down a pant size, and her shirts are looser.  So we're both making progress.  Be interesting to see if her weight has changed!

Steve

1 comment:

marshall9255 said...

Weight loss surgery can offer great results and help you get back to normal,Weight Loss Surgery