The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Don't be the Turkey at your own Thanksgiving!

Hey! Thanksgiving is almost here

with Christmas and New Years right around

the corner. The most wonderful time

of the year, but also, for many of us, killer

stress. Let me be painfully honest: about

27 years ago, my mother died, right exactly

between these holidays. Every year is a

struggle between joy and pain. It is critical

for me to support my family in experiencing

the greatest happiness it is possible to

provide--those childhood memories must last

a lifetime.

So I have to deal with the negative

emotions in the healthiest way I can,

and never let them intrude on the

celebration. I wanted to offer to all of

you one of the most powerful tools I

know, and created the following video

to teach the basics:

http://youtu.be/eQ2mWWz_p6M

This technique, taking only five minutes

a day, can help you wrestle that

stress to the ground.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Steve

No comments: