The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Friday, August 18, 2006

Snakes on a #$@%% Plane! (2006)

Let's just say that if you have any interest in seeing a movie called "Snakes on a Plane" starring Samuel L. Jackson, this is the movie you're interested in seeing. It leaves no cliche unturned--but does turn several of them on their collective heads. It is funny, sexy, scary, and ultimately the very definition of mindless summer fun. Wow. Again, if this sounds like your kind of movie, it probably is. If not, stay far away. But for me? And especially the cheesy horror movie-loving part of me? A "B+"
(I would have given it an "A", but even the B-movie film geek in my soul was bugged by the fact that only white guys got to make out. If black guys hadn't at least gotten to flirt, I would have given it a "B-")

No comments: