The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Saturday, August 19, 2006

Integrated Martial Arts

For quite some time I've spoken of Tim Piering, and the martial arts class I atend on Friday mornings at 6am.  Tim has finally put up a web site.  I strongly suggest you look at the work and thought of this phenomenal man.  He is sharing a forty-year wealth of martial knowledge absolutely free, from the sheer love of it.  I feel honored to have earned my way into the company of these warriors.  Tim's emphasis is on the development of certain specific mental states applicable not only to combat, but to peak performance in any arena whatsover, most specifically the "automatic computer" state of "Mushin."  He is one of the best, strongest, and wisest men it has been my joy to know during this incarnation, and I share  this with you all as one of the treasures of my life.


www.imamushin.com

No comments: