7. As Love Is A Shy Creature, Thou Shalt Commit To Indirect Action.
I’m not saying that the people use dating services, matchmakers, singles bars and so forth specifically seeking partnership are wrong. I’m saying that you need to concentrate on the things that you can control, and you cannot control the actions and reactions of others.
What you CAN do is become the person you were intended to be, or be firmly upon that path, with your heart happy and accepting of where you are, right here, right now. And that combination of dynamism and centeredness is addictively attractive.
Another thing: the “Secret Formula” is a luck magnet. I’m telling you, when you have clear goals, believe you can and should do it, are taking constant action (and of course noticing your results and making micro-adjustments, while committing to constant improvement) and living every day with an “attitude of gratitude” you attract allies like crazy. And most strangely, “luck” multiplies. Opportunities come to you with the predictability of American Express and Visa offers arriving in the mail if you raise your credit score. When you don’t need money, people offer you credit. When you don’t have a job, you can’t get a job, but as soon as you have one other people offer employment. When you don’t have a relationship you can’t get one, but as soon as you have one people mysteriously start showing interest.
“A watched pot never boils” is another way of looking at this. Or the line from Broadcast News I love so much: “wouldn’t it be great if needy were a turn-on?” Well, it isn’t, except for the wounded, and predators. What IS a turn on to healthy people is other healthy people. “Who are you, and where are you going?” are questions lurking just under the surface of the social chit-chat that we engage in for the first hours of a new relationship.
You have to know who you are, and where you are going. That creates an “energy signature”, a “vibe” that you are putting out to the world: this is who I am. These are my values. This is where I’m going. If this looks interesting to you, let’s talk.
Not very complicated, really.
1) Seek to be balanced in your physical, emotional, and career aspects. This maximizes your attractiveness (we should do all we can to be attractive BY OUR OWN STANDARDS), opens our hearts to the beauty of life (an amazing aphrodesiac, seriously), and improves our “nest building” (finances.)
2) Start your day by re-writing your goals, or preferably a “daily ritual” of thought, motion, and focused emotion. Know what your most important three-five actions of the day are, and do them before you do anything less important. We must prioritize according to our values. This will place you on the “radar” of others with similar values, saving you a gigantic amount of wasted time.
3) Here’s a fantasy way of looking at this: when you chase after relationships you lose energy and “mass.” As you focus on becoming, you increase energy and “mass.” Gravity can be seen as a bend in space-time, and the greater the mass the more powerful the attraction.
4) Concentrating on all three aspects of self demands deeper engagement with the world. Every dollar you ever earn will come from another human being, so you have to understand human needs and drives, build short and long-term alliances, and build “master mind” groups to fill the gaps in your own knowledge and capacity. As you learn new skills you will need coaches, teachers, and come in contact with students at your own level. As you express a hobby or interest, you will come in contact with others with similar enthusiasms.
5) You are probably no more than three degrees of separation from a Soulmate. Quite possibly only two. Let your light shine, purely and energetically, broadcast to the world who you are, be the equivalent of the man or woman you would be attracted to, and someone in your circle will be struck by how much you remind them of, or would be a good match for, someone in their circle. Countless relationships have begun at work, church, the gym, because friends introduced…you just don’t know.
6) Be happy who you are, where you are. Don’t go looking for love, instead be loving and share that sense of abundance with the world. A man or woman who walks into the room with purpose, energy, enthusiasm, sensitivity to others, genuine interest in life, and deep self-love that bubbles over to others will hit the room like a BOMB. Everyone wants to know who that is.
7) Be honest about who you are and what you want. Courteous and empathetic to all, draw boundaries. Don’t give yourself away just because someone asks. Have standards, hold yourself to them, and make it clear through action (more than words) that you will not be dragged down or away from your path and destiny.
8) If you are doing the things that increase self-knowledge, self-love, healing and open-hearted compassion, while increasing energy and engaging in daily action you are sending out a clear message to the universe. In a forest of a thousand trees and a million birds, the bird who sings a clear, bright, loud song can be heard miles away, and will attract a mate who is looking for THAT.
9) Every day, every thought, every action should be some version of one of the two major questions: “who am I?” and “what is true?” Everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, connects with one or the others. And as you can probably guess, they are actually different versions of the same question, a question that can’t quite be put into words. When you resolve the duality, you enter another realm of thought and experience.
10) Your goals, beliefs, values, actions and emotions should be aligned. You should be genuinely willing to spend your life following your bliss and sharing joy with the world, even if you walk alone. Alone isn’t “lonely.” When you are content being alone, committed to your healing, have high standards THAT YOU MEET and give yourself the love wounded people seek from others…you are operating on another level. And the “tribe” you have just entered is welcoming and warm almost beyond belief, filled with others who are tired of the games, and prepared to welcome you. And it is here, while you are too busy to watch the pot, that that sucker will boil over.
And heat like that is something absolutely not to be missed.
Monday, December 30, 2013
Posted by Steven Barnes at 10:27 AM