The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter


Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Lifewriting talk coming up...

I loved the conclusion of "24." President Logan revealed his true colors. I mean, I always knew he was a weasel, but wasn't totally certain he was a viper. Yup. Viper and beyond. The man was Satan. Too bad he couldn't have married Sherri Palmer...
##
There's a sci-fi horror film called "Splice" that has been getting major buzz, and comes out this Friday. Starring Adrian Brody, it deals with recombinant DNA from a Cronenbergian angle. Supposed to be strong, scary, thoughtful stuff. Can't wait!
##
There are so many things going on right now that I have to be very careful to stay balanced in the midst. Really does seem to be an example of "magic"--effort in one segment of my life having unexpected benefits in another. Building up that coaching/information business seems to open the gates of Hollywood. Bizarre.

While I was on my trip, I met with a filmmaker who wants me to create a 30-minute film for her. The most powerful black executive in Hollywood was on the Tom Joyner cruise, and we met with her. I met one of the most powerful PR people in America, who is currently evaluating one of my projects. Cliff Stewart is creating his new Within Arms Reach program next week, aimed at teaching civilians his Close Protection techniques (amazing stuff! What a scientist he is...ask ANYONE who has ever worked with him)

It will be a four-volume set called "The Art of W.A.R." and I'm co-producing the set. Love it.
##
The gel ant farm I bought for Christmas is finally pretty dead. There are a few elderly ants groping around the farm, but most are dead, and mold is growing at the bottom. Actually, they lasted longer than the three months I was told, so I can't be unhappy...but I am. Kind of sad. At their peak, it was a really beautiful farm. Roll with it, Steve.
##
"Documents To Go" is the first word processor for the iPad that talks to Drop Box. I knew it would happen before July, but I'm impressed with how fast it happened. My guess is that other iPad Apps will follow pretty quick. Then it's Game On! This thing is just huge fun.
##
Lifewriting Talk!
Sat., June 5, 2010, 1:00 PM Pacific Daylight time
http://www.talkshoe.com/tc/77111
Connect via phone or VoIP
(724) 444-7444
Call ID: 77111

I'm soliciting questions to be answered on the call--balance, writing, health, energy...you know, the basic model we've been working with. Let me know!

No comments: