So we’re talking about the specific approach used to complete “DANGER WORD.” Using the Hero’s Journey, it was clear we were in the Dark Night of the Soul.
Using what I’m calling the “Secret Formula” (Goals X Faith X Constant Action X Gratitude) I decided to make my primary role during our phone call that of “the long view.”
First I started with Gratitude. Don’t get me wrong: although there was stress, no one was giving up, everyone had come to play. This was a fierce group, and I was proud to have them as partners. But instead of looking at “how far do we have to go” I said “look how far we’ve come!” We’d raised almost twenty thousand dollars! This was a sign of faith, and love and empathy from friends, associates, family, fans and even strangers! A wonderful, wonderful thing. It was a sign that we were heading in the right direction, and that we had only to gather ourselves, accept the negative feelings and situational aspects, pick ourselves up and keep going.
We STARTED with pride, and love, and a sense of infinite possibility. Remember: when we are depressed, angry or fearful, we develop “tunnel vision” and can no longer see answers that are right in front of us.
THIS is one of the most important reasons why the “Five Minute Miracle” approach is so damned powerful.
So…here are five “Power Questions” to get you into a problem-solving, action-taking mood RIGHT NOW!
1) What are the three most positive things about your life RIGHT NOW?
2) What are you grateful to have learned about your situation, and why was it more valuable than the stress you feel?
3) Who are three people who, now or in the past, have loved and trusted you? Who have you inspired? Who inspired you?
4) What are three days in your life you remember with pride, joy and gratitude? Think about them. Experiment with making the images/feelings brighter, louder, stronger. Play with the sensory modalities and see if they make you feel more or less positive.
5) How do you stand, hold your face, breathe or use your voice when you’re feeling positive? How about negative? (Bear with me, please). Switch back and forth between negative and positive body language/presentations, again and again. IT IS YOUR CHOICE. Commit to the positive presentation.
Spend five minutes stalking like a panther back and forth across the room, exercising, walking in the sun, running, or dancing with POSITIVE BODY LANGUAGE chanting aloud, WITH EMOTION all the things you are grateful for in your life RIGHT NOW. Actually do this. Body language, facial expression, voice, dynamic stride. As if you were at an “11” on a scale of 1-10, ten being the best you’ve ever felt in your life.
This is the starting point. Begin with the emotions most people hope to get at the end. We STARTED that meeting feeling we were already winners. Then we worked out the way for this to be 100% true, regardless of what happened next.
THAT is how we created our miracle. More tomorrow!
Remember: the entire “Secret Formula” Diamond Hour broadcast is available absolutely FREE to those in need, part of our exclusive “Seven Dollars or Free” program. No tricks. No gimmicks. Just results, if you’re willing to actually do the work!
For details, go to: http://www.diamondhour.com/SecretFormula.en.html
Thursday, July 25, 2013
Posted by Steven Barnes at 7:30 AM