The Home of Steven Barnes
Author, Teacher, Screenwriter

Monday, December 12, 2005

Golden Hour level #1 workshop

We had the workshop yesterday, and it was nicely attended, but I couldn't get over the feeling that I wish the folks who showed up had been the second or third group, rather than the first.  I just need to think through the material more.  How much background is needed?  Not sure.  Do I need to tell any of the theoretical foundations, or just demonstrate the movements?  Not sure.  Arrgh!  But then, that's why I needed a test case.
I tried to give them a history of my search, and thoughts on why this specific approach was important.  Time will tell whether I managed to do that appropriately, but WOW, did I understand why it is difficult to convey certain concepts directly.  Sigh.  But they were willing, and attentive, and open.  Again, time will tell.
For those of you who made it out to Covina to hear me speak of 1st level Golden Hour, thank you very much, and I hope you had a great time--but I definitely have work to do!

No comments: